Friday, October 9, 2009

Panasonic TH-50PZ850U Impressive picture & easy setup

I spent a bunch of time researching, reading reviews, visiting local electronic stores to compare picture quality for myself. Bottom line, getting this Panasonic Plasma through Amazon has been a smooth experience. The picture quality is great. To my eye, only the Pioneer Kuro was "slightly" better but at twice the price, not worth it in terms of value. I also purchased a Panasonic BD55 Blu-ray player at the same time. The link feature which allows the same manufacturer device to be automatically recognized and operated by the same remote works great. I find the remote from the Blu Ray a better option to control both. I do have this in a room with alot of natural light. Depending upon where you are sitting, you will have some reflection from background light. I do not find it a significant issue because I had the same issue with the prior TV. This plasma's color and picture brightness blows the previous TV away and therefore the background reflections are actually less noticeable. I must have picked this TV up at the "right time" because the price went up $30 a few days after I bought it and has not come back down. yes, I know this model has been updated but I did not want to wait until May or June to get the latest and greatest.

No comments:

Post a Comment