Friday, October 30, 2009

Panasonic TH-50PZ850U Outstanding

I have had the Panasonic TH-50PZ850U for about 6 months. I spent about $2100 with extended warranty. So far, I have been impressed. The resolution was top notch. I used "Finding Nemo" to test the colors. On the vivid setting it was fantastic... Probably a bit exaggerated. The Studio ref mode offers more accurate colors. The THX settings on the 800U may be more accurate, but I would love to have a little bit of oomph to the colors even if it is not accurate. Don't we all like "exaggerated fake ones"!
Clearly this TV is a winner. It comes close to the blacks in a pioneer and the THX accuracy of the 800U. It matches the Brilliant colors of a Samsung or probably even better. It has improved energy savings, better anti glare screen, wider viewing angle, and a web interface via viera cast. I am going to set up the viera cast soon. I cannot find another TV that packs more.
The speakers are great. I moved to a smaller home and had to keep the surround speakers in storage, but I don't feel the need for them.
It is easy to assemble and set up. You won't need a professional. I bought an upconverting DVD player to watch all my old DVDs and the difference is obvious. I am yet to watch Blu-ray movies. I am waiting for a good blu ray player that can also play movies stored on an external hard drive through a USB connection.
Like others have mentioned, the only bug - if a player is connected through a HDMI port it will switch out another that is connected via component cables.

No comments:

Post a Comment